Monday, August 18, 2014

Blueberry Buckle


As posted by Anna Olson on the food network website:  http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/blueberry-buckle/2573/

I raised an eyebrow when she said "scrape the batter into the pan and smooth out" but its true.  The batter is very very thick!


 
This was really tasty but I was expecting it to taste sweeter somehow.  It was also just a little dry.  Husband of Cheerios said the same thing.  I brought it to work - into the lunch room with the comment jar again.  Fun!  Was anyone be brave enough to say something like "it's not sweet enough" or "it's dry"?  

Here were the comments:
** "Nice! Not too sweet! Topping was awesome - cake a little dry :)   "
** "Yummy!  The bottom of the cake wasn't as moist as the top.  The blueberries were great though!"
** "The buckle was sliced kinda thin - only 2 bites per slice."
** "Tastes great!"
** "Best comments will come from the RM team.  Sadly we missed the opportunity to try the cake!  For best results, please deliver next cake directly to 3-91.  Thanks."

All in all, it was good but didn't make me foam at the mouth so I think I'll let this one pass next time.


No comments: