Thursday, August 23, 2012

Raspberry Buckle

One of Brad's best friends was in town from Vancouver today and was able to spend dinner with us. Dinner was good but nothing new (roast beef, boiled new potatoes and zucchini gratin) so I wanted to do something interesting for dessert.
With a container of fresh raspberries picked from our bushes as inspiration, I searched raspberry desserts on the Martha Stewart website and found a raspberry buckle and raspberry custard. Based on what I had in the fridge, raspberry buckle made it onto the menu.
 
RASPBERRY BUCKLE
 
 
RATINGS:
Heather - 10 - Light, fruity and not too sweet
Brad - 9.5
 
NOTES:
What is a "buckle" anyway? I didn't know the answer so I turned to my best friend, Google, to find out. It is basically a cousin to a crisp or a cobbler. Traditionally it would have a crumble topping (I liked it exactly as made though).
The cake was very pretty yellow thanks to Omega 3 eggs.

No comments: