Monday, December 12, 2011

Sweet Marshallowy Potatoes

The weekend of American Thanksgiving my in-laws were helping us out with our reno and I was stumped as to what to make for dinner. So using the calendar as inspiration I decided on a Thanksgiving-ish meal. Turkey (I used this recipe http://www.marthastewart.com/318088/pan-seared-turkey-cutlets-with-wine-sauc originally published in Everyday Food January 2009), jazzed up Stove Top, broccoli and sweet potato fries with brown butter marshmallow dipping sauce. Yes you read that right, brown butter marshmallow dipping sauce, yum (Everyday Food issue #87 http://www.marthastewart.com/862295/matt-armendarizs-sweet-potato-fries-brown-butter-marshmallow-sauce).

SWEET POTATO FRIES WITH BROWN-BUTTER MARSHMALLOW SAUCE



RATINGS:
Heather - 8.5 - "I think my expectations were too high. It was good but I thought
it would be mind-blowing good"
Reno Crew - 9.5 - "The sweet potatoes were great"

NOTE:
The sweet potatoes themselves were great. I did peel them, as I don't like the skins personally.
The turkey recipe is also great. I have made it many times. This time I made turkey sandwiches with it, leftover Stove Top and my home made cranberry sauce and those blew my mind they were so good.

No comments: