Saturday, December 11, 2010

Shortbread Three Ways

I went a little crazy last night and ended up making 3 batches of shortbread! I made Classic, Red Velvet and Green Tea.

The Classic recipe is the one Mom and my Aunt use. It is super simple, only 3 ingredients. The Red Velvet and Green Tea are my variations on that.

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup berry sugar
2 cups flour (split, see below)

Cream butter very well.

Add in sugar 1 tbsp at a time. Beating really well after each addition.

*For variations see below*

With spatula fold in 1 3/4 cups flour. You will have a soft dough.

Place remaining 1/4 cup flour on counter and use to lightly kneed dough (about 10 times).

Roll dough into balls and then flatten with a glass.

Bake at 300 until lightly browned (about 20 minutes).



























For Green Tea Variation:
Mix in 2 tbsp Maccha (Green Tea) Powder



For Red Velvet Variation:
Mix in 3 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tbsp red food coloring.






























Rating:
Brad - 9 - "I like the Classic the best, but why are they so crumbly?"
Heather - 9 - "Because they are supposed to be! I like all 3 flavors"

No comments: