Monday, April 5, 2010

Comfort Food

I am having a lot of fun with this blog and Brad is definitely enjoying the end result of my experiments, although he is not liking the amount of dishes I have been creating (we don't have a dishwasher).

My newest recipe comes from Anthony Sedlak's show on Food Network, The Main. While watching this episode I learned something new. What most of us think of when we think of Shepard's Pie is in fact Cottage Pie! A traditional Shepard's Pie is made with ground lamb (makes sense when I think about what a shepard does) and a Cottage Pie is made with ground beef. I made the whole meal as he did on the show, Cottage Pie with Irish Peas and Cabbage.

It is a long recipe so I have included a link to it for you.


Ratings:
Brad - 10 - "Every bite is a happy place"
Heather - 10 - "Worth all of the effort and then some"

There are much easier recipes to be found for this type of meal but I have never tasted one as good. The mashed potatoes for the topping are absolutely delicious and would be great on their own as would the Irish Peas and Cabbage.

1 comment:

Jim & Darcy said...

That looks delicious! It made me hungry!