Friday, February 26, 2010


I thought it was time to put something on this blog before Melanie divorces me as her mom.....hmm...maybe that's not a bad idea......thinking....thinking.....but then there's our adorable grandchildren, so......


This recipe is called Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookie Bars and was taken from the Kraft Foods What's Cooking magazine. Even though I dislike the taste of a cake mix, this recipe sounded interesting and reminded me of the Chocolate Fingers recipe which also uses a cake mix and is delicious!


This recipe was very easy to make, except I didn't like lining my cake pan with foil. I think it's unnecessary. I mixed chocolate cake mix, chocolate instant pudding, melted margarine and milk. Pressed half into a pan and baked 10 minutes. Sprinkled chocolate chips and dry roasted peanuts on top. Spread peanut butter on top of that. Then covered that with the rest of the batter and the remaining nuts and choc chips. Press that down and baked 15 minutes.


This recipe was supposed to be cooled for 1 hour and then refrigerated for 4 hours, but we only waited an hour before cutting them to take to our neighbors house (which is why they look messy)
This recipe was very good!

No comments: