Monday, November 7, 2011

Easy Cheesy Sauce

Does it get any better than cheese sauce? In my mind (and definately in Brad's) it's pretty hard to beat!
Normally, I would have used my old stand by cheese sauce recipe from my mom but this blog is about trying new recipes so I thought that I would throw caution to the wind and try a new one.
I wanted to try this particular recipe because it is gluten free and if it passes the test can be used in the future when I have my sister or any other gluten free friends over for dinner.
The recipe is from Quinoa 365 and can be found on page 39.

EASY CHEESY SAUCE

2 cups milk
1/3 cup quinoa flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (I used a tad more)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded aged cheddar cheese

Whisk together the milk, flour, salt, mustard and pepper in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk frequently until the sauce thickens and covers the back of a spoon, about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the cheddar cheese.



 
RATINGS:
Everyone - 9.5 - "Mmmmm cheese sauce"

NOTE:
I really like the texture and flavor of the quinoa flour in this sauce and it is is really nice to work with because it doesn't form lumps like wheat flour.

No comments: