Monday, October 10, 2011

Fresh Cranberry Sauce

When I went to Superstore last week to do my shopping they had a great big display of fresh cranberries at the front and they were on sale for $1.28 a bag!!! So, I figured I would make cranberry sauce for our meal and to send to Brad's family since we couldn't be there. I used the recipe on the back of the Ocean Spray bag. It is so easy, I will never buy canned stuff again AND it was less expensive and tasted better!!


FRESH CRANBERRY SAUCE


1 bag Ocean Spray fresh cranberries

1 cup water

1 cup sugar


Put water and sugar in a pot over medium heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Wash cranberries. Add cranberries to pot and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.

After cooling slightly I skimmed off the foam and sealed in jars.



RATINGS:

Everyone - 10 "Way better made fresh"


FUNNY:

I didn't (big mistake) read the bag to see how many cranberries I needed while I was at the store so I bought 6 bags. I still have 4 left. You will likely be seeing more cranberry recipes from me in the near future ; )

No comments: