Sunday, December 12, 2010

Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup

As adapted from the cookbook Lunchbox Love

1 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1 small potato, peeled and chopped
6 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 T chopped, fesh tarragon or 1 tsp dried sea salt & pepper - to taste

In a large skillet, over medium heat saute onion and garlic in oil until soft. Add all the other ingredients except for fresh herbs. Simmer on low for 45 min. With a hand blender, puree mixture until creamy and smooth. Stir in tarragon or dillweed, sea salt and pepper.

Upon first bite, I hated this soup but the more bites I took, the more I liked it.  This is somewhat different from the version the author made at a class that I went to and I liked the in-class version WAY better.  The main ingredients are the same - the seasonings were different.  DH thought the soup was so-so.  Neither Mr. Picky nor Miss Almost Vegetarian liked it.  I will not make this again unless I find my class notes so I can change the taste.  Apparently none of us like tarragon.

1 comment: